Tuesday, January 9, 2018

When Breath Becomes Air & Ballroom Dancing

Hello, everyone!!  Are you all enjoying your new year so far??  We are just having a GREAT time over here - mostly trying to stay warm!  Today actually brought us some pretty decent weather, but I've heard that there is more snow on the way.  Personally, I love winter - snow, ice, wind, all of it.  LOVE it.  Cute little snowmen, decorating with white floral, it's so pretty!  I actually grabbed these wintery white carnations the other day to dress up the dining room table:


I try to always keep fresh flowers around the house just to brighten it up a little.  I've always thought a table just doesn't quite look complete without fresh flowers.  Love love love them.

What else do I love about winter?  Snuggling up under the blankets with a good book!  This is the perfect weather for getting started on my 2018 reading list.

I'm reading When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi and I am really enjoying it.  It's beautifully written, but a bit of a tear-jerker, so I picked up this cheap ($4.49!!) Moscato from Aldi to lighten the mood a little (??)....


As for how it tastes, well, you can't really expect a lot from a $4.49 bottle of wine.  I thought it was okay for what it cost, but I'm not sure I'd buy it again.

I'm also having fun making progress on some of my other goals for this year.  For my January class, I found a ballroom dancing class at Vintage Ballroom in the Old Market.  My brave, brave friend Eloise and I went to the beginner class tonight and learned to SALSA!  It was so much fun!!

At first, it was a little scary!  We walked in to this:


It looks so....real....and ballroom-y!  And the people could actually dance. 

Everyone had pretty shoes with heels!  And sparkles!  I had plain black boots...like I had no clue.  Possibly because I, in fact, had no clue.  

Fortunately, our instructor was very patient, and by the end of the lesson, we were salsaing!


Look at our happy little faces!


We might be contemplating returning to salsa class.  

I hope all of you are enjoying your new year's resolutions as much as I am!!  Keep smiling, everyone!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment