Sunday, December 31, 2017

Reading List 2018

As promised, my reading list for this year.  Just as I was getting ready to post this, I realized that I had left off some books that I really want to try to read this year, as well as re-reading some of my favorites (Faulkner - swoon).  I'm really excited about this list even though I'm not sure I actually have enough time to read all these.  I had a list of 36 for 2017, which I didn't finish thanks to Anna Karenina (took me three months...), The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay (who writes this many pages??), and possibly the fact that I have many, many children.  But, hey, here's to trying again this year! 


Reading List 2018

January
·        When Breath Becomes Air – Paul Kalanithi - finished 1/11/18
·        The Archidamian War – Donald Kagan - finished 12/11/18
·        Obit – Jim Sheeler - finished 1/25/18


February
·        Only Love Can Break Your Heart – Ed Tarkington - finished 2/2/18
·        The Art of Fiction – Henry James
·        Year of Wonders – Geraldine Brooks - finished 2/7/18

March
·        Into the Water – Paula Hawkins - finished 2/11/18
·        The Art of War – Sun Tzu
·        The Kept Woman – Karin Slaughter - finished 3/16/18

April
·        To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han - finished 3/25/18
·        P.S. I Still Love You – Jenny Han - finished 4/1/18
·        Always and Forever, Laura Jean – Jenny Han - finished 4/4/18
·        As I Lay Dying – William Faulker - finished 4/9/18
·        Maestra – LS Hilton - finished 4/11/18 

May
·        Three Wishes – Liane Moriarty - finished 4/13/18
·        The Last Anniversary – Liane Moriarty - finished 4/24/18
·        The Hypnotist’s Love Story – Liane Moriarty - finished 5/7/18
·        What Alice Forgot – Liane Moriarty - finished 5/19/18
·        The Husband’s Secret – Liane Moriarty - finished 6/9/18
·        Big Little Lies – Liane Morairty - finished 7/8/18
·        Truly Madly Guilty – Liane Moriarty - finished 8/4/18
·        Atonement – Ian McEwan
·        The Mothers – Brit Bennet - finished 7/27/18

      June
·        A Piece of Cake – Cupcake Brown - finished 8/17/18
·        Autobiography of a Face – Lucy Grealy - finished 8/7/18
·        Torch – Cheryl Strayed - finished 8/25/18
·        Wild – Cheryl Strayed - finished 9/7/18
·        Tiny Beautiful Things – Cheryl Strayed - finished 9/25/18
·        Brave Enough – Cheryl Strayed - finished 10/6/18

July
·        Love Lives Here – Maria Goff - finished 9/20/18
·        Love Does – Bob Goff - finished 11/5/18
·        The Awakening – Kate Chopin
·        All is Not Forgotten – Wendy Walker - finished 10/17/18

August
·        All the Ugly & Wonderful Things – Bryn Greenwood - finished 10/21/18
·        Babe – Dick King-Smith - finished 11/3/18
·        What She Knew – Gilly Macmillan - finished 10/29/18

September
·        Bitter is the New Black – Jen Lancaster - finished 11/12/18
·        Bright Lights, Big Ass – Jen Lancaster - finished 11/18/18
·        Such a Pretty Fat – Jen Lancaster - finished 12/13/18
·        Pretty in Plaid – Jen Lancaster - finished 12/28/18
·        My Fair Lazy – Jen Lancaster
·        Jeneration X – Jen Lancaster
·        The Tao of Martha – Jen Lancaster
·        I Regret Nothing – Jen Lancaster
·        Stories I’d Tell in Bars – Jen Lancaster
·        Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women – Susan Faludi
·        Hillbilly Elegy – JD Vance 

October
·        Interview with a Vampire – Ann Rice
·        Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress – Dai Sijie
·        The Nix – Nathan Hill


November
·        A Moveable Feast – Hemingway
·        Bel Canto – Ann Patchett
·        The After Party – Anton DiSclafani 

     December
·       Skipping Christmas – John Grisham - finished 11/25/18
·       The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
·       All the Missing Girls – Megan Miranda

Extras:

I'll Be Gone in the Dark - Michelle McNamara - finished 10/3/18
      Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine - Gail Honeyman - finished 10/12/18
      I'm Proud of You  - Tim Madigan - finished 11/24/18




     Thoughts on any of these?  Any you would like to read with me?  Let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment