Tuesday, January 30, 2018

January 27

Hello!

As January comes to a close, I wanted to share a few pictures from a day that is super special to our family.

Fifty-seven years ago, on January 27, 1961, my dad was born.

A few (or more) years later, my parents were also married on January 27.  That may not have worked out so well, but hey, I exist.  I'm pretty thrilled about that fact, so, I guess it was a minor win.

Then, a couple years ago when this cute guy decided - on January 27 - that maybe he kinda liked hanging out with me just a bit, I was pretty agreeable to the idea.

So, yes, we enjoyed celebrating January 27.

First, we had breakfast at 11-worth Cafe.  This is exactly the type of place that my dad would have loved.  Little cafes with amazing breakfasts were his thing.


I, of course, had the Chicken Fried Steak.  I ALWAYS have the chicken fried steak the first time I try any place that has it.  I don't know why.  I'm just weird like that.  


It was good chicken fried steak.  REALLY good chicken fried steak.


Then we went for a drive.  Because sometimes I just love looking at this beautiful place we live in.





We watched a super cool basketball game with some very skilled eight-year-old kiddos.

And then, being the responsible adults that we are, we went and got ICE CREAM!!!



If you have spent any time at all with me in the last four years, I have likely made you go to Ted and Wally's.  This is the best ice cream.  Ever.  In the world.  Oh my.  Oh oh my.  I had Nutella Zucchini Bread.  My favorite is Deep Sleep Sheep, but they didn't have that kind on Saturday.  I survived.  

After eating ice cream, we needed candy.  

So, we crossed the street and went to Hollywood Candy, also one of our favorite places.    


This place is always a trip down memory lane.  I can always find all my favorite candies that I enjoyed growing up (Zots, chick-o-stick, and those weird sucker things that come in a tube).  But I also love looking at all the candy that my parents told me about enjoying when they were little.  I snapped pictures of some of my dad's favorites.  






After enjoying our multiple desserts, we decided we needed some regular food.  By the time we got around to having lunch, it was closer to supper time.  And we wanted some bar food.  Not just any bar food, the BEST bar food.



And then, of course, we needed more dessert.  Because you can never have too much dessert.  It was national chocolate cake day, so I chose this amazing lava cake at Lo Sole Mio.



After this, we were all partied out.  So, we just hung out on the couch and watched more Stranger Things


What a wonderful way to spend such a special day!  

Here's to another great year, everyone!  










No comments:

Post a Comment