Saturday, May 12, 2018

Poconos, Cinco de Mayo, and Prehistoric Putt

Hello!

I am trying to fit in a little bit of time to post this evening since it has been so long!

We have had so much fun going on around here that I just haven't had any time.

In April, we went to the Poconos.  We thought we were cool and athletic, so we went on a hike....and got lost in the woods.  Which was totally okay because this region isn't known for having black bears just wandering around or anything.  






Actually, the hike was wonderful.  We had such a nice time.  Well, Dan had to work for most of it, but I had a great time, in part because I went ziplining down this mountain all by myself.  And did not die.  Good times.



After our trip, I also enjoyed my first visit to the Alamo Drafthouse for a showing of Mean Girls with my favorite mean girls...who aren't nearly as mean as we pretend we are.  Actually, we don't even pretend we are.  Anyway - we had so much fun.  I highly recommend attending an Alamo Drafthouse movie party if you have the chance.  




In other news, I've been trying to keep up with my goal of learning one new thing each month.  April was so busy that I had to take an online course.  I chose brush calligraphy, and as you can see below, I am now extremely proficient at writing exactly zero letters.



With the arrival of May came May Day, which is one of my favorite childhood traditions.  I know it's not very widely known - people in Texas had no clue why we were giving them cups of candy..., but I still love it.  


Dan also took me to this Hawkeye event, which I have to say was really neat, even if I didn't exactly appreciate their Nebraska jokes.  And by not exactly appreciate, I mean I wanted to kick them in the, well, anyway.  




We also, of course, had to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with our friends.  I hear that Cinco de Mayo can mean some pretty serious partying, but let me tell you, my friends, it turns out that I am not, in fact, built for serious partying.  I had two margaritas, which I think were mostly just juice, and was home safe and sound by very close to 10:00 p.m.  It appears that I am now old.  But, for old people, we had a good time. 




We are also really excited because Nebraska Passport has started!  As anyone who follows me on Insta (and really, why aren't ALL of you following me on Insta??) can tell you, I LOVE Nebraska Passport.   We got four stamps last weekend: Piezano's, Sheldon Museum of Art, the Rabbit Hole Bakery, and the UNL Dairy Store.






We aren't going to have as much time for this as we did last year because most of my time is spent studying for the Iowa bar right now, but we are still going to try to fit in a few mini day trips. 

My reading goal is going along quite well....or was.  Now I mostly read Barbri and more Barbri.  And more Barbri.  But I have managed to fit these in over the last few weeks:





I also took a little study break today to celebrate National Mini Golf Day today.  Because these faces.


We went to Prehistoric Putt and had a great time!

I hope all of you are enjoying your weekend as much as we are! 






No comments:

Post a Comment