Saturday, April 7, 2018

Birthdays, Easter, Elephants & Good Books

Oh my, we have been so busy!!  

My birthday was a couple weeks ago, and of course, my wonderful family made it super awesome.  We had ice cream and pineapple upside down cake and Reba tickets and a bada$$ Ninja blender and stuff that smells good, and a SAVANNAH BANANA SHIRT!!!  It was a great time.

We also had a very happy Easter, and hope all of you did, as well.










Dan's birthday was earlier this week, and for some reason, this is the only picture I took:



But we actually had a wonderful evening with family and friends.  

Dan's family had a joint birthday party for us on Easter and his mama sent me this picture - which is now one of my favorites:


My hair clearly does its own thing.... I don't know.

I have been reading A LOT lately - I've finished three books and am almost done (again) with my second-favorite Faulkner novel, As I Lay Dying.  I was surprised by how much fun the Lara Jean trilogy was.  Reading YA sometimes makes me feel like I'm rereading my junior high/high school diaries, but these were really cute, fun reads.






In keeping with my goal of learning one new thing per month, I took a class at Corky Canvas this month.  I painted an elephant.  I felt cool.  


Speaking of goals, my final Heavy Medal showed up, so I was able to do a picture of all the medals I earned last year, including 5Ks, bonus medals, etc.  That goal was so much fun!  I am so lucky that my family was so supportive - they worked just as hard as I did on this one.  I ended up getting 24 medals last year!



Today, we decided to check out a great local bookstore, Bookworm.  It was everything a local book shop should be - quirky and cozy with a great selection.  Very impressed - we will definitely be back.



We will also be back to Fat Shack BBQ - our second stop on the BBQ Passport we are doing this year.  I ordered brisket and while there was a bit of a wait, it was sooooo worth it.  And we also didn't almost get mugged like last time we got barbecue, so that helped.



As for this evening, we have no kiddos this weekend and it's National Beer Day, so we are enjoying some Summer Shandy and First 48.  



But, before I go, I'll share with you this awesome wine slushy recipe I tried out this week - it was so easy and SO SO SO good.



Wine Slushy

1 pt. frozen fruit sorbet (we used mango, but I think strawberry or raspberry would be better)
2 c. dry white wine (I used Cupcake Sauv Blanc and it was pretty good)
2 T. lemon juice
1 c. crushed ice

Combine the sorbet, wine, and lemon juice in the blender (I used my new Ninja!!).  Blend until mixed.  Add the ice and blend until slushy.  Pour into chilled cocktail glasses.  

We thought it was great!  Let me know if you like it!










No comments:

Post a Comment