Saturday, February 24, 2018

Kickboxing, Creighton, and Scary Barbecue

Happy Saturday!

Oh my, we have had a great week!

Monday, we celebrated Cherry Pie day in the most sophisticated way we could:


Wednesday, in keeping with my goal of learning at least one new thing a month, I went to kickboxing with my friends Eloise and Calina.  Oh.  My.  Oh my.  It was amazing and awful at the same time.  But awful in a good way.  Like it kicked my butt.  But I needed it.  And....these:


We went to Impact Kickboxing, which I very, very highly recommend.  



Thursday was Chili Day and National Margarita Day.

I used this Chili recipe to throw some in the crockpot before work, so that we had time later in the evening to meet our friend Jim for a quick strawberry margarita at Roja.  




Friday was National Banana Bread Day, which we celebrated by making a loaf that we devoured quickly.  So...you get no picture.  You also get no recipe because it's my secret.  I share most of my recipes, but that one.... 




Today, we went to the Creighton game.  It was so much fun.  Great game, great crowd, just a lot of fun.  Creighton beat Villanova, which I guess is a really big deal.  Per Dan, IS A REALLY REALLY BIG DEAL.




The kid up in the corner....he finds us intriguing.  Because we clearly are quite intriguing.

Anyway, after we got done at the game, we decided we needed BBQ.  I wanted to try Bill's BBQ because it's supposed to be some of the best around.  The good news is that the rumor is true: the barbecue was really, really good.  The bad news is that you might die trying to get it.  We tried to survive help by giving a sandwich to the guy who really really wanted some cash.  DON'T DO THAT.  I almost went in the wrong door.  DON'T DO THAT.   Basically, if you are thinking of visiting a restaurant at 24th & Ames, DON'T DO THAT.  Long story short - some scary stuff happened, but being the total BAs that we are, we survived.  

After all that, Dan was still hungry, so I made some chicken and rice....using a chicken....that I CUT UP MYSELF!! Oh yeah.  After tackling the sketch BBQ joint and the chicken, I think I'm ready to conquer the world.  Star, the Ruler of the Modern World...says the lady who accidentally jacked the wrong person's coffee last week.  Meh.  Can't win 'em all.   Anyway, if you will also feel oddly accomplished by learning to cut up a chicken, I used this video.  It was pretty helpful.

I am planning on spending the rest of the evening making caramel rolls and relaxing!  I hope all of you are enjoying your weekend as much as we are!  








No comments:

Post a Comment