Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Valentine Coffee, Heart-Shaped Donuts, & What I've Been Reading

Hola!

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!  I wanted to start my Valentine's Day off with one of those yummy Cherry Mocha Frappuccinos at Starbucks, but wouldn't you know it?  Their Valentine's Day drink was "out of season" when I tried to order it on Valentine's Day.  So, I made my work coffee Valentine's-y.  Clearly, I nailed it.



In other Valentine's Day developments, Bizi has decided that she needs to use her real name at school now.  So, it looked like I gave out all these valentines to her classmates... (You may have to click on the picture to see it clearly.) #creepymom





Valentines that actually came from me included these donuts that I left on Dan's desk:


And these chickens - because what child doesn't need these chickens?!  Our kids are absolutely loving this Dollar Tree investment.



I also left what I thought was Dan's Valentine's coffee on his desk...but that didn't quite turn out as planned...because...welll.....


It was an accident.  I took care of it.  


Dan, being the keeper that he is, brought home not only these beauties,


but roses for the girls, as well.  Oh yes, he's that good.

What is also good?  These AMAZING chocolate covered Oreos that Dan's parents gave us.  I didn't even know you could buy this:




We had a wonderful Valentine's Day, and hope all of you did, as well.

Still keeping up on my reading goal, I finished this:





And started this:




Into the Water was a quick, fun read.  Not exactly thought-provoking, but fun.  The Kept Woman appears to be similar so far, but we'll see.

And finally, I think everyone should enjoy this yummy (and easy) breakfast that I made on Saturday.  It's a Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake Casserole.  It's kinda like a coffee cake, but made with pancake batter.  You serve it with maple syrup, just like blueberry pancakes.  It went over pretty well here, so I think you should give it a try.  Blueberries are on sale at Aldi this week - buy a bunch and freeze some!


Hope all of you are having a wonderful week!!





No comments:

Post a Comment